Prior to sinking into the swampy abyss of moving house and the awful, never ending bout of food poisoning that followed, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by that lovely mummy over at Tiptoe Bay. She has an adorable daughter, a furbaby, and enjoys a cheeky glass of wine – don’t we all…not that I’ve had one for a while – so head over to Tiptoe Bay and check her out!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to recognise new blogs with under 200 followers. Accepting the award involves acknowledging the blog that nominated you, displaying the award logo, answering 11 questions, revealing 11 random facts, nominating 11 fellow bloggers and setting 11 new questions. Phew!
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had? I’ve been lucky enough to work for our family business for most of my adult life, but I did have a short stint at a cafe called Deli France when I was in high school. I washed a lot of dishes and the boss was a total bitch.
- If you could live any where in the world where would it be? I’m lucky to live in Australia – we have a lot of freedom (politically, personally, socially), great weather, excellent health care, fabulous food, and environmental diversity (beaches, plains, snowy mountains, bushland, rain forests and deserts). If I was single and childless, I’d love to live in Europe for a year or two, but Australia is where I want to raise my children.
- What is your favourite film? I don’t really have a favourite but I love The Witches of Eastwick, The Devil Wears Prada and Bridesmaids.
- What cleaning product could you not live without? Dettol wipes.
- Do you have a dream that hasn’t yet been fulfilled and, if so, what is that dream? As an adult, I don’t dream very big, I just want my family to be happy and healthy. As a child I dreamt of becoming an actress and living the hollywood lifestyle – just as well I let that dream slide.
- Are you a ‘glass is half full’ or ‘glass is half empty’ kind of person? Both, I’m a hopeful realist!
- What are your top 3 albums to listen to on a long car journey? Anything from The Kooks, Maroon 5, or Florence and the Machine, plus some Wiggles for Little Chop.
- What would your perfect breakfast be made up of? My perfect breakfast would be a mixture of salty and sweet. I love pancakes with maple syrup so they would have to feature plus some crunchy, buttered sourdough toast with garlic mushrooms and crispy bacon. No eggs – yuck.
- Who inspires you? Lots of people inspire me for different reasons. My daughter inspires me to be more social, to get out more, to be silly, spontaneous and have fun.
- What would be your ideal date? (location not person!!) I think I would have loved the eighties. I was born in ’84 so I missed most of it. I know it was a daggy time, but the music and fashion were fun and flamboyant. We all take ourselves a bit seriously these days.
- If there was only one thing you could take with you to a desert island what would it be? Lip balm.
Now for 11 random facts about me:
When I was 12, I met my then favourite Aussie pop band, Savage Garden, backstage at their concert. I was completely starstruck.
I believe in love at first sight. When I met my partner I knew that we were supposed to be together. He says the same thing about me.
I have a major sweet tooth but not for lollies. I love cake – pancakes, cupcakes, scones, pastries, biscuits. I can’t say no.
I have undergraduate degrees in Arts- Psychology and English Literature and most of a postgraduate diploma in Editing and Publishing.
I love, love, love English comedies. Absolutely Fabulous, The Vicar of Dibley, Extras, Blackadder, Faulty Towers, Jam and Jerusalem – you get the picture. Love them all!
Everything about eggs turns my stomach. I will only eat an egg if I can’t see, smell or taste it, like in a cake.
I’m addicted to jeans and wear them almost everyday. I haven’t counted recently but I’m guessing that between my thin jeans, maternity jeans and post birth jeans I have about fifteen pairs.
I fantasise about tropical holiday destinations. Warm weather, perfect beaches, tropical fruit, cocktails, swimming, lying in the sun with a good book, shorts and sandals. That’s my ultimate holiday.
I’m a cat person.
I love online shopping and receiving packages in the mail. I’m not addicted but I’ll indulge once in a while. It’s much easier shopping while Little Chop is asleep than taking her with me.
I grew up with a younger sister and when we had Little Chop, I hoped that she would also have a sister. In ten weeks or so I will give birth to our second baby girl and our family will be complete.
Now is when I break the rules. Instead of nominating 11 blogs, I’m just going to nominate a few that I like at the moment.
And, because I am a time poor mummy and the process of accepting this award is extremely time consuming, I’m going to break the rules again and say, just tell me 11 things about yourselves and answer the 11 questions above if you feel so inclined.
Now I must bring this this post to an end as I have a stuffy, grumbly baby girl who requires my attention.
Until next time.